These Terms and Conditions apply to the booking of a Boost Free-jumping session, Boost Mini session, Boost Party, and any ancillary products (the activities) at Boost Trampoline Parks (Northampton & Leicester) Ltd.
20% OFF Boost E-Vouchers with the code BLACK2023
- Offer valid online only
- Voucher valid for 12 months
- Onsale from 24th - 30th November
- One voucher code can be used per booking
Welcome To Boost Trampoline Parks
1.1. Your membership will begin on the day you join.
1.2. When paying by Direct Debit, an initial payment may be required to cover the period up to your first DD payment.
1.3. Your membership is personal to you. You cannot transfer it to another person.
1.4. If “Boost Trampoline Parks” or the bank/building society makes a mistake with your direct debit payment you are guaranteed a full and immediate refund from your bank/building society.
2.1. You must pay a monthly membership which will be determined by your chosen membership package.
2.2. Monthly instalments will be due on the 1st of each calendar month or the next available working day by Direct Debit.
2.3. We may change the amount of your monthly payments. If we do we will write to you at the address you have given us 14 days before the changes take place.
2.4. Monthly fees are payable even if you do not use the centre.
3. Cancelling Your Membership
3.1. Memberships cannot be cancelled prior to the agreed contract length that you have signed up for and the last payment has been made. A contract may be cancelled once the final payment has been made; this requires a full calendar months notice.
4. Park Rules.
4.1. You must comply with the centre rules/etiquette which forms part of this agreement.
4.2. We may change the rules/etiquette at any time. We will post notice of any changes at the centre.
4.3. A Waiver must completed upon the first visit of Boost Trampoline Parks, valid for 12 months.
4.4. All users must observe and understand the safety briefing video every visit and adhere to the park rules within.
5. Changing the Agreement.
5.1. We can change the agreement at any time. We will give you 14 day’s notice of this change in writing at the address you have given us.
6. Park Facilities
6.1. You are entitled to use the facilities available for your category of membership package.
6.2. You may have to pay additional charges to use certain other facilities/activities at the park. You can get a list of these from our reception points. We can change these prices at any time.
6.3. Before using the park for the first time, you must read and sign the Pre Activity Questionnaire and have a supervised induction session. We can refuse access to the parks facilities if we consider your health maybe adversely affected by the use of such facilities. In such circumstances you will be referred to our GP referral team.
6.4. Parks may open/close earlier during public holiday periods. Facilities may also close for occasional special events. Notices will be displayed in the centre in advance notifying customers of any changes. No refunds will be available for these periods.
6.5. We may change the parks opening times or withdraw any of the facilities at any time if we need them for events, tournaments, exhibitions or other special activities.
6.6. We may need to close a facility or part of it for repair/refurbishment on the grounds of health and safety or improving customer service. Fitness classes or Birthday parties may also have to be cancelled due to unforeseen unavailability. In the above circumstances we will use our best endeavours to:
6.6.1. Give as much notice as is reasonably practicable by displaying notices in the centre.
6.6.2. Arrange for alternative facilities during a period of closure.
6.7. Your membership does not give you priority over other users or guarantee the availability of facilities.
6.8. “Boost Trampoline Parks” management reserve the right to change any activity programme. Prior notice will be given in the park relating to activity cancellations or the introduction of new sessions.
6.9. Promotions do not apply to existing members.
7. Membership Cards
7.1. if applicable, you must submit your membership card at respective reception points when accessing facilities; otherwise we will charge you the standard casual rate.
7.2. If you lose your membership card we will charge a fee to replace it.
8. Junior Members and Children.
8.1. If you are under 18 years of age, your parent or guardian must sign this agreement on your behalf. By signing this agreement your parent or guardian agrees to be responsible for your behaviour and actions at all times and to pay us any amounts that are due on your behalf.
8.2. Any Participants under the age of 14 must have a parent/guardian on site at all times.
- These Terms and Conditions contain important information regarding participation by you and the members of your party and accordingly, you acknowledge and agree that you shall ensure that all members of your party are aware of and accept these Booking Terms and Conditions.
- No variation to these Terms and Conditions shall be binding unless agreed in writing by Boost Trampoline Parks (Northampton & Leicester) Ltd.
- Boost Trampoline Parks (Northampton & Leicester) Ltd reserves the right to make changes to the activities or close any specific features for any reason and without notice.
Price and Payment
- All bookings must be paid for at the time of booking at the rates and prices advertised by the Company.
- The Company shall send a booking confirmation detailing all activities booked by you and the date and time reserved for such activities. All booking requests shall only be deemed accepted by the Company upon the issue of such booking confirmation.
- Boost Trampoline Parks (Northampton & Leicester) Ltd reserves the right to change its prices at any time. As much notice as possible will be given should a change in price occur.
- No refunds will be given for transactions made by gift vouchers. Bookings may be transferred in adherence to our transfer policy. Only ONE Gift voucher/E-voucher can be used per booking either over the phone, online, or at our reception desk.
- E-vouchers CAN be used in payment for the following Jump products. Boost Fitness – Boost Jump – Family Explore – Minis Explore – After school club but MUST be booked online in advance.
- E-vouchers CAN now be used for use on Party packages, cafe food/drink & Boost merchandise.
- E-vouchers are only valid for use against FULL PRICE sessions. No further discounts/offers can be used when purchasing sessions with Gift/E-vouchers.
- E-vouchers can be used to purchase sessions online only. The remaining balance after purchase will stay on the voucher for use on a future booking.
- E-vouchers are valid for 12 months from the date of purchase. – Unless stated otherwise.
- E-vouchers are non-refundable.
- Boost discount codes are valid on NEW bookings only. Refunds will not be given for missed offers. For all up-to-date news on offers & events please sign up to the Boost Emailer or follow us on Facebook & Instagram.
- Boost Return visit voucher codes are valid 24 hours after your visit and up to 14 days afterwards. The code is valid for 1 use only and will expire once entered into our online booking system. Valid on online bookings only. Refunds will not be given for missed offers.
- If bookings are moved, rights to a refund are foregone.
- Deposits – Any deposits that are taken as part of our Party Experience Package deposit offer are non-refundable. Should you cancel your booking then your deposit will NOT be refundable.
Refunds and Amendments
Bookings for less than 10 people
(a) If you have a booking for fewer than 10 people, you can cancel your booking and either transfer to a more convenient date or receive a full refund within 24 hours of making the booking. If you book a session within 24 hours, we will help you to transfer your booking, but you will not be eligible for a refund. If you would like to cancel within 24 hours of making a booking, please contact us
Contact with the booking team or proof of attempted contact will be required to cancel the booking.
It is not possible to cancel bookings made within 24 hours of your arrival time.
(b) If you make a mistake during the booking process, please contact us and we will help you to amend the booking.
Group and Party bookings
(d) If you make a booking for more than 10 people, a refund will be applied if the cancellation is made within 24 hours of making the booking. Outside of the 24-hour period, if you have paid a deposit, we will not refund this but will try our best to transfer your booking to a date that’s convenient for you.
(e) if you need to amend a group booking, please notify us a minimum of 14 days prior to the event. We cannot refund for places that are not needed.
To cancel a booking, you need to let us know that you have decided to cancel. To do this you will need your booking confirmation number.
The easiest way to do this is to use this link to contact us or call us on 0330 818 7602.
Boost Trampoline Parks (Northampton & Leicester) Ltd shall be entitled to cancel a booking at any time. In the event the Company decides to cancel your booking, it shall use its reasonable endeavours to notify you as soon as possible and you will be entitled to a full credit refund limited to the sums paid in relation to the booking being cancelled via Evoucher, and no other compensation shall be payable.
10. OUR RIGHTS TO CANCEL
10.1 We may cancel a Contract for the Activity at any time with immediate effect by giving you written notice if you breach a Contract or the Activity Rules in any material way.
10.2 Group bookings of 10 or more require a minimum payment equivalent to the cost of 10 attendees at the time of booking. Full settlement of the balance must be made at least 14 days prior to the event taking place. If full payment is not received 14 days in advance the reserved slots will be released for sale.
10.3 Private hire bookings require a 50% deposit at the time of booking. Full settlement of the balance must be made at least 14 days prior to the event taking place. If full payment is not received 14 days in advance the reserved slots will be released for sale.
In the event that it proves necessary for Boost Trampoline Parks (Northampton & Leicester) Ltd to close any or all of the activities for reasons beyond their control, and in circumstances where your party has commenced participation in the activities, you shall not be entitled to any refund (in part or whole).
Refunds and Amendments
- Any refund due in accordance with these Booking Terms and Conditions can only be made to the same debit or credit card used to make the booking, or if the card has subsequently expired, by bank transfer.
- Payments made by Gift Voucher will be refunded by the issuing of a replacement Gift Voucher to the same value.
- Bookings affected by covid19 closures will be credited to the account and not eligible for a refund.
- E-vouchers that are affected by any closures will not be refunded or extended.
- The activities include all variations of trampolining, and participation is not without risk as serious misuse could be fatal. All participants must attend and pay strict attention to a safety briefing prior to every park session.
- Boost Trampoline Parks (Northampton & Leicester) Ltd reserves the right to refuse admittance to participants or to remove a participant from the premises should it be deemed necessary to do so. This includes a participant whose behaviour is considered unsafe, or who is thought to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs. The decision of the Duty Manager will be final.
- On the basis of health and safety Boost Trampoline Parks (Northampton & Leicester) Ltd reserves the right to refuse entry to late arrivals.
- After the safety briefing, participants will not be individually supervised by a Court Monitor. A responsible adult (aged 18 years or over) must remain on-site for any child under the age of 12. Participating adults must sign a waiver stating that s/he will accept responsibility for the safety of themselves and for the supervision of children in their care.
- Children under 5 are permitted to participate in the Boost Minis designated area of the park and must be accompanied in that area at all times by a responsible adult (aged 18 years or over).
- All trampolines are restricted to a weight limit of 111kg (17.5 stone). Participants over this weight limit are not permitted to jump in the park as this represents a considerable risk to the participating individual themselves.
- Any person using the facilities must complete, or have a waiver completed on their behalf. Those participants under 18, or any participant without the capability to complete their own waiver, must ensure a legal guardian has completed a waiver on their behalf.
- If you have a pre-existing medical condition or have any health concerns, you should seek advice from your healthcare professional prior to jumping.
- If you are pregnant you are not permitted to partake in any of the activities.
- No refunds or compensation will be payable by Boost Trampoline Parks (Northampton & Leicester) Ltd in the event that any participant is not permitted to, refuse permission or decides not to, undertake or complete the activities.
- Please read all safety signage to ensure that all rules & regulations are adhered to at all times.
- Boost will occasionally have a videographer/photographer at our parks to film for marketing purposes ( Website/Social Media). For these sessions, signage will be shown at our reception desk with details of this. If for any reason you would like us to leave you out of any filming or photographs, please ensure that you make our management team aware before your session starts.
- Participants must be dressed appropriately, wearing clothing appropriate for the activity. Boost Trampoline Parks (Northampton & Leicester) Ltd reserves the right to refuse admittance to the park to any participant who is not appropriately dressed.
- All participants should ensure they remove all jewellery, watches, Fitbit’s, belts, clothing studs, or other sharp items of clothing that may cause damage to themselves before participating in any activities.
- All participants are required to wear Boost jump socks to increase grip and for hygiene reasons whilst in the park.
- Boost Trampoline Parks (Northampton & Leicester) Ltd shall not be responsible for any damage to or loss of clothing or other personal items of persons resulting from participation in the activities.
Group and Party Bookings
- Party and group bookings are to be paid in full at the time of booking unless you are booking an experience party package using our deposit option. The company will refund any cancelled parties or consider date amendments, provided that at least 14 days’ notice is given prior to the party/group booking date and time within the booking confirmation. If you cancel your booking less than 14 days prior to the date and time stated on the booking confirmation, then no refund will be given.
- Should any member of the party/group have specific dietary requirements these must be communicated at the time of booking to ensure these requirements are met where possible. Failure to provide adequate notice of any changes to dietary requirements may lead to an inability to supply said requirements.
- The addition or reduction of guests to a birthday party or group booking must be completed under the following conditions; the remaining number of guests does not fall below 10, that Boost Trampoline Parks (Northampton & Leicester) Ltd has adequate space to accommodate additional participants and finally, all changes are made in accordance to the refund and transfer policy.
- A party is required to present themselves to a member of staff 30 minutes prior to the confirmed jump time. Rights of admission can be refused at any time in the case of excessive lateness.
- Should your party arrive late you will not automatically be granted the full hour on the trampolines, and this will be subject to availability and at the Duty Manager’s discretion.
- For a children’s party, the parent or guardian of the party child must stay on-site at all times and is responsible for the behaviour of all children. Any behaviour deemed by the Company to be unacceptable will be explained to the parent/guardian and may necessitate the party to end prematurely.
- Any person causing wilful damage to the facilities, fixtures, or fittings of Boost Trampoline Parks (Northampton & Leicester) Ltd will be liable to pay for the rectification of any damage caused. This includes any damage caused by misuse of equipment and/or failure to comply with supplied guidance.
- Boost Trampoline Parks (Northampton & Leicester) Ltd does not accept responsibility for the loss or damage to personal property whilst onsite. This includes vehicles in surrounding car parks or parked on neighbouring roads. Vehicles and their contents are left at their owner’s risk.
- Nothing in these Booking Terms and Conditions shall exclude or limit the liability of the Company for death or personal injury, however, the Company shall not be liable for any direct loss or damage suffered by the Customer or any Participant howsoever caused, as a result of any negligence, breach of contract or otherwise in excess of the sum insured under the insurance policy held by the Company in the insurance year in which the claimant’s claim is first notified.
- The Company shall not be liable under any circumstances to the Customer or any third party for any indirect or consequential loss of profit, consequential or other economic loss suffered by the party howsoever caused, as a result of any negligence, breach of contract, misrepresentation, or otherwise.
- These Booking Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and the parties hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
These terms and conditions affect your legal rights and are in addition to our standard terms and conditions. It is therefore important that you read and understand them before agreeing to them.
The Boost Trampoline Parks agreement is made between Boost Trampoline Parks (Northampton / Leicester) Limited and the Boost Trampoline Parks Pass or Pass’ holder (or parent/guardian) on whose account the Monthly Pass is linked.
Where the holder is a child, the parent/guardian must complete the agreement and consent to the child holding the Boost Trampoline Parks Monthly Pass and take responsibility for the payments.
All children under the age of 5 must be supervised in the park at all times by a parent, responsible adult or guardian. In these instances, we recommend a Boost Trampoline Parks Monthly pass which entitles the holder to one adult & one child to attend a Mini Explore Session. Please note that there will be limitations to the access of activities for under 5-year-olds outside of Mini Explore sessions.
A Boost Trampoline Parks Monthly Pass:
- The Boost Trampoline Parks Monthly Pass is valid for the named person only and cannot be transferred. This permits the holder to have one valid session per day at the purchased park.
- The Boost Trampoline Parks Pass is valid for the named person and one other person. In the case 1 adult and 1 child under the age of 5. This cannot be transferred & permits the holder to have one valid session per day at the purchased park.
The Boost Trampoline Parks Monthly Pass is valid for the following hourly sessions:
- Free Jumping Sessions
The Mini Explore Monthly Pass is valid for the following hourly sessions:
- Mini Explore Session
The Boost Trampoline Parks Monthly Pass & Mini Explore Monthly Pass is not valid when there are whole park sessions scheduled such as Scheduled Boost Trampoline Parks Events and private events. The Boost Trampoline Parks Monthly Pass is not valid for any additional experience packages other than what is included in the above.
Boost Trampoline Parks Monthly Pass & Mini Explore Monthly Pass allow the holder to enjoy one hourly session per day at your Boost Trampoline Parks. When at the park, you may request additional sessions, but this is at the discretion of the park management and may be chargeable.
Boost Trampoline Parks & Mini Explore Monthly Pass are for walk-in use & booking online.
Boost Trampoline Parks & Mini Explore Monthly Pass allows one session to be booked in the future as well as a session to be booked on the day. You can only have one future booking at a time
Boost Trampoline Parks Monthly Pass & Mini Explore Monthly Pass is valid at the purchased Boost Trampoline Parks park, it cannot be used for any other Boost Trampoline Parks park.
Boost Trampoline Parks Monthly Pass & Mini Explore Monthly Pass entitles the holder to bounce only during advertised hours. Boost Trampoline Parks may alter opening and closing times throughout the year.
Boost Trampoline Parks may alter the cost or the terms and conditions of the Boost Trampoline Parks Monthly Pass & Mini Explore Monthly Pass at any point. Boost Trampoline Parks reserves the right to end your or the Boost Trampoline Parks Monthly Pass & Mini Explore Monthly Pass at any point without notice.
- Your Boost Trampoline Parks membership will continue until terminated. To use Boost Trampoline Parks you must have a valid waiver, pair of trampoline socks and provide us with one or more Payment Methods. “Payment Method” means a current, valid, accepted method of payment, as may be updated from time to time, and which may include payment through your account with a third party. Unless you cancel your membership before your billing date, you authorise us to charge the membership fee for the next billing cycle to your Payment Method (see “Cancellation” below).
- We may offer a number of membership plans. Some membership plans may have differing conditions and limitations, which will be disclosed at your sign-up or in other communications made available to you. You can find specific details regarding your Boost Trampoline Parks membership by speaking to a member of our team.
- We may from time to time offer special promotional offers, plans or memberships (“Offers”). Offer eligibility is determined by Boost Trampoline Parks at its sole discretion and we reserve the right to revoke an Offer and put your account on hold in the event that we determine you are not eligible. Members of households with an existing or recent oxygen membership may not be eligible for certain introductory Offers. We may use information such as membership ID, method of payment or an account email address used with an existing or recent oxygen membership to determine Offer eligibility. The eligibility requirements and other limitations and conditions will be disclosed when you sign-up for the Offer or in other communications made available to you.
Billing and Cancellation
- The membership fee for the Boost Trampoline Parks Membership will be charged to your Payment Method on the specific payment date which will be on the same date you purchased your monthly membership. The length of your billing cycle will depend on the type of subscription that you choose when you signed up for the service. In some cases, your payment date may change, for example, if your Payment Method has not successfully settled, when you change your subscription plan or if your paid membership began on a day not contained in a given month. Speak to a member of the team to see when your membership is due to renew.
- Updating your Payment Methods. You can update your Payment Methods by speaking to a member of the Boost Trampoline Parks Team. We may also update your Payment Methods using the information provided by the payment service providers. Following any update, you authorise us to continue to charge the applicable Payment Method(s).
- Cancellation. You can cancel your Boost Trampoline Parks membership at any time, and you will continue to have access to the Boost Trampoline Parks service through the end of your billing period. Payments are non-refundable and we do not provide refunds or credits for any membership periods or unused membership content. To cancel, speak to a member of the Boost Trampoline Parks and ask them to “Cancel” your membership. If you cancel your membership, your account will automatically close at the end of your current billing period. To see when your account will close, please speak to a member of the team.
- Payment Methods. To use the Boost Trampoline Parks Monthly service you must provide one or more Payment Methods. You authorise us to charge any Payment Method associated with your account in case your primary Payment Method is declined or no longer available to us for payment of your subscription fee. You remain responsible for any uncollected amounts. If payment is not successfully settled, due to expiration, insufficient funds, or otherwise, and you do not cancel your account, we may suspend your access to the service until we have successfully charged a valid Payment Method. For some Payment Methods, the issuer may charge you certain fees, such as foreign transaction fees or other fees relating to the processing of your Payment Method. Local tax charges may vary depending on the Payment Method used. Check with your Payment Method service provider for details.
- Changes to the Price and Subscription Plans. We may change our subscription plans and the price of our service from time to time; however, any price changes or changes to your subscription plans will apply no earlier than 30 days following notice to you.
Passwords and Account Access.
- The member who took out the Boost Trampoline Parks Monthly account and whose Payment Method is charged (the “Account Owner”) is responsible for any activity that occurs through the Boost Trampoline Parks account. To maintain control over the account and to prevent anyone from accessing the account (which would include information on viewing history for the account), the Account Owner should maintain control over the Boost Trampoline Parks Account that is used to access the service and not reveal the password or details of the Payment Method associated with the account to anyone. You are responsible for updating and maintaining the accuracy of the information you provide to us relating to your account. We can terminate your account or place your account on hold in order to protect you, Boost Trampoline Parks from identity theft or other fraudulent activity.
- To find more information about our service and its features or if you need assistance with your account, please speak to a member of the Boost Trampoline Parks Team.
- Boost Trampoline Parks may, from time to time, take photos & videos for marketing purposes. You will be asked to complete an agreement if you are to be in the foreground of any images taken. Where possible, images of guests in the background will be left out or blurred.
This policy sets out how Boost Trampoline Parks protect and make use of the information that you give us when you use this website.
We take protecting your privacy seriously and, should we ask you to provide information while you are using the website, it will only be used in ways described within this policy.
We may change this policy from time to time, but the most recent version will always be found on this page.
Our Privacy Pledge
- We will store your data safety and securely.
- We will not hold your data unnecessarily.
- You can manage your subscription and opt out of emails at any time.
- We will never share or sell your data.
- We will act on withdrawals of consent as a matter of urgency.
What we collect.
We may collect the following information:
b) Contact information including email address
c) Demographic information such as postcode, interests and preferences
d) Information pertaining to customer enquiries
How we use this data
Collecting this data helps us to provide a better experience for all our users and enables us to improve our offering and services.
Specifically, we may use data for the following reasons:
a) Internal record keeping
b) To improve the products and services that we provide
c) To contact you in response to an enquiry
d) To customise the website for you
e) To send you promotional emails about products and offers that we think may be of interest to you
f) To contact you for market research purposes
Cookies and how we use them.
a) Analyse our web traffic to improve the website structure, design, content and functions.
b) Identify whether you are signed in to our website.
c) Store information about your preferences in order to present you with information you will find more relevant and interesting.
d) Recognise when you return to our website in order to show your relevant content, or provide functionality you used previously. Cookies do not provide us with access to your computer or any information about you, other than that which you choose to share with us.
Controlling personal information
When you fill in a form or provide your details on our website, you will see one or more tick boxes allowing you to:
a) Opt-in to receive marketing communications from us by email, telephone, text message or post.
b) Opt-in to receive marketing communications from our third-party partners by email, telephone, text message or post.
If you have agreed that we can use your information for marketing purposes, you can change your mind easily and notify us by simply sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org We will never lease, distribute or sell your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or the law requires us to. Any personal information we hold about you is stored and processed under our data protection policy, in line with the Data Protection Act 1998.
We will always hold your information securely. To prevent unauthorised disclosure or access to your information, we have implemented strong physical and electronic security safeguards. We also follow stringent procedures to ensure we work with all personal data in line with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Links to other websites.
Our website contains links to other websites. However, we have no control of websites outside www.boosttrampolineparks.co.uk. If you provide information to a website to which we link, we are not responsible for its protection and privacy. Always be wary when submitting data to websites and read the site’s data protection and privacy policies fully.